Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Very Profound

I read the following at Walter Reed This Veteran's Life today. I found it very profound and full of truth.

This is what I see and hear.

I hear that we are losing the war.
I see a repressed country beginning to stand on its own.
What do you know about loss?

I hear that this war costs too much.
I see you drive off in your BMW sipping Starbucks.
What do you know about cost?

I hear that we are stretched too thin.
I see you protesting outside the recruiters' office.
Do you know what you are doing?

I hear that we are pulling out.
I see the people we are leaving behind.
Who will protect them?

I hear the pleas of children...
I see my service wasted.
How should I feel?

I hear the punishers coming.
I see the children blindfolded and bound.
What will become of them?

I hear this everyday.
I see this in my dreams.
What has become of me?


No comments: