Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Have You Forgotten?

I know that my family and I have not.



My son has been wanting to write to a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan now for quite some time, but I have not been able to find one for him. You can no longer address mail to "Any Soldier". Many have pointed me toward various web sites, but many of those sites want a bigger commitment then just letters. Not that we wouldn't be able to send some, but I didn't want to promise anything more than letters because things aren't always easy in my household. If any one reads this and knows of a soldier that wouldn't mind writing to an eight year old boy, please let me know.

4 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Go visit KAT at this website, she will put you in touch with someone.

http://crazynightinga.blogspot.com/

This is a great video

Mrs Xoke said...

Thank you Sarge! I will do that right now!

Anonymous said...

If that doesn't work, I can try to connect you with some people I know. Contact me. My son isn't in Iraq now (one of those pics almost looked like him, in fact) but if he were, you couldn't count on him to write. Thanks for supporting the troops.

Barb said...

Many of the folks at Anysoldier.com and Booksforsoldiers.com are happy to get letters. They don't need packages with expensive contents, although they are appreciative of all they receive.

I used Booksforsoldiers.com to hook up with a Marine in Iraq, and we became email friends, and now he blogs as well. We did most of our communication through email, but I am sure there are troops out there who would be ecstatic to have an 8-year old penpal!

And kudos to your son for wanting to hook up with a soldier :-)