Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Didn't Your Mother Ever Tell You That It Isn't Right To Throw Rocks?

It is isn't right, but it seems to be left! I am not going to say that I am a Karl Rove fan, because I really haven't read up on him much, but even if I had, and hated the mans guts, I can't say that I would ever participate in something like this.

When reading the story I linked above my first reaction was, in all honesty "Oh I bet your parents are proud! Spend all that money on you for an education and then you go off and do something stupid like that." Then I realized that the parents were probably just as "smart" as these students.

You see, one of the first things that my parents taught was that you don't throw rocks! I teach my son that same lesson. My sister teaches her boys that too. I can tell you right now, that even if he were an adult and in college, if I found out he had been throwing rocks I would kick his butt or die trying.

Not only that, but since when was stoning someone something civilized people did when they didn't agree with some one else's views?

You know what the injustice was in this whole debacle? There were no arrests. If it had been the college Republicans throwing the rocks at a liberal figure there would have been arrests. Not that I would have said that there shouldn't have been. I don't care who you are. You throw rocks, that is assault, and you should be arrested as long as you are over the age of the standard elementary school student. It definitely points to the double standard though doesn't it?

No comments: