Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Real Alec Baldwin

Have any of you heard the message that Alec Baldwin left for his daughter on her cell phone? I have, (audio) and I was appalled. I have been angry with my son before, as many of us have with our children, but what he did was just wrong, and abusive. Here is a video from Hannity and Colmes.

Alec Baldwin's mouth.

Add to My Profile | More Videos

So, lets dissect this.

One, he doesn't remember how old she is. Do you know the ages of your children?

Two, I might tell my son he is thoughtless, but never couple that with any other name calling besides the occasional "you ARE BEING a brat". What about you?

Three, if any of you are divorced or are from divorced families, rule number one is always, "Don't bad-mouth the other parent". The parent doing to bad-mouthing is always the resented one in the end.

Four, the eleven year old didn't make an ass of him. He did that all by himself. No one has the power to make an ass of anyone unless you give them that power.

I could go on. The name calling, and the bullying at the end of the call is what pushed me over the edge though. It takes a really small man to bully an eleven year old.

Baldwin hasn't done much outside his acting career that he should even be proud of. This is just another example of another shame filled event he orchestrated. I learned that he blogs at Huffington Post (not that I have any way to verify it really is him, but it sounds like the same crap he spews on national television) and I don't think that is something I would be particularly proud of.

He has a history of wrongs in my opinion. The man seems to be a bully. Did you catch what he said to Sean Hannity?

Alec Baldwin gets no calls

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Here is a transcript on part of the radio show not mentioned in the video clip.

HANNITY: Alec, I wanted to give you an official WABC welcome considering you were supposed to come on my program last week and you didn't show up. What happened?
BALDWIN: No, I wasn't supposed to come on your program, Sean Hannity.

HANNITY: No, actually you were supposed to come on the program because a deal was made with your agent that if you were going to come on with Brian, first you'd come on with me.

BALDWIN: I wouldn't dream of coming on your program, Sean Hannity. I'm here with Brian. I'm here with a really talented broadcaster.

HANNITY: [Crosstalk] that you are, you don't tell the truth.

BALDWIN: Why would I want to come on the show with a no-talent, former construction worker hack like you?


Will someone tell me what is wrong with being a construction worker and worker your way up to something greater? If I make it big in life (yeah, I know, not likely), and happen to cross paths with Baldwin, is he going to treat me like crap too because of what I had to do to provide for my family on the way to greater things? Or maybe he only does this to conservatives since he is a ragging liberal democrat? That seems to be in the ragging liberal job description anyway. Another liberal job requirement is hypocrisy. Baldwin didn't fail to meet this requirement either. After all, he once had a job that would considered by some as even lower than that of a construction worker. He was a bus boy (Wikipedia).

From where I sit he is just a bully. He thinks he is better than everyone else and wants to be worshiped. Hannity touches on this thought later in the exchange.


HANNITY: You're a third-rate Hollywood egomaniac.

You can hear the whole exchange in an audio file here.

What did he do when he couldn't win an argument with Hannity? What do all cowards do? They run. The bully-coward is a bit different though. They run while still spewing filth and trying desperately to convince themselves that they are right.

Baldwin even thinks that he is better than Arnold Schwarzenegger (Wikipedia).

"If I ever ran for anything, the thing I would like to be is governor of New York... That's what I hate about Arnold Schwarzenegger. His only credentials are that he ran a fitness program under some bygone president...I'm Tocqueville compared to Schwarzenegger."


If the both ran for the same office I would vote for Schwarzenegger. At least he still remains humble enough to make an EDUCATED decision. Baldwin is too caught up in himself. It is that simple.

Baldwin ins also known for his anger management issues. There is this example, but it isn't the only one.

October 13, 2006 -- ALEC Baldwin still has a hot temper. The actor was photographed Wednesday screaming at a cop who was directing traffic away from the Cory Lidle plane crash site on East 72nd Street. Then, a few hours later at Grand Havana Room, Baldwin loudly asked the hostess for a working telephone. "I asked you a question in English and I would like an answer in English. Do you have a working phone in that room? . . . That is outrageous. That is totally unacceptable." Baldwin's rep said he was simply asking the cop for directions and, "Alec would never ever make fun of someone's English."


I wish I could believe his rep. I might have bought this explanation if this was an isolated incident. It isn't of course, and I should probably site more, but I am out of time for right now.

You know what is scary? Outside of his reference to Arnold Schwarzenegger, I haven't even touched on his political bull-arky. In my opinion, he is no more qualified to have any weight in a political arena then he does in the parenting arena. If you can't be a good leader and do so by example with your children, how would you lead a city, state or country? For these very reasons, his political opinions carry no weight with me. My advice to Alec Baldwin? Keep your day job, and stick with the only thing you can do right. Pretending to be someone else.

2 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

the last two lines are freakig beautiful. Baldwin is a bad actor at that. I refuse to see his movies. I hope this has an incredible backlash agianst him

E and J said...

Actually I would love to see Baldwin run for President - imagine the debates!

He would end up in some long vicious monologue about how it was all his ex's fault probably. Would be funny :)