Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Friday, May 18, 2007

There Is No Place Like Home

"There is no place like home. Thee is no place like home." Truer words have never been spoken. I am home safe and sound. I enjoyed my trip, and learned a lot of useful information in training. My flights were uneventful, which is always good, and once a minor glitch had been sorted out on my first night at the hotel, all was very smooth.

My husband, E, and my son, Captain Dramatic arrived to pick up from the airport right on time. Captain Dramatic was very excited and exited the car as quickly as possible. He slammed the car door shut and promptly discovered that his fingers were still in the door. Trying his best to keep from crying he ran over to me after extricating his finger from the car door. It was already swelling and he had cut it and was bleeding. By now the tears had managed to spill past the flood gates. I made sure he could still move it, but thought it best to see if we could get some ice for it at the very least due to the swelling and the distance we live from the airport.

I walked him over to the nearest TSA agent, and we asked if they had a first aid kit for the cut and if possible an ice pack or some ice. The TSA agent said he was sure that the airport firemen would be able to provide both. He used his radio and contacted the firemen who turned up in less than two minutes in their fire truck with the lights going. The were wonderful about the whole ordeal. As one fireman took down Captain Dramatic's name, birth date, and our address for their report, and asked me a few basic questions regarding my son, the other cleaned his cut, applied a band aid, gave him a chemical ice pack, and then let me know that I should watch the cut for infection. They were fairly certain that the finger was not broken, but did let me know that if the swelling persisted past this weekend, or if he was still in a great deal of pain, to have it looked at by a doctor. We were then on our way. I was impressed by both the TSA agents and the airport firemen. They were a real class act.

With all of that said, in honor of my recent travels, I have posted a short video below that my husband E found at Youtube. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

ACK! That video is hilarious! & I'm glad CD's little fingers are going to make it!