Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ask Captain Dramatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Captain Dramatic is off on a long weekend camping trip. I am horrible at planning ahead, so I didn't ask him anything prior to his departure. Instead, I thought I would take all of you on a walk down memory lane, and revisit one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed Captain Dramatic do. I hope I can recant this story in a way that does it justice.

This happened when CD was about three years old. My parents had been over for a visit that evening, and we were all standing at the curb in front of the house saying our goodbyes, talking about all sorts of things, and trying to say our goodbyes again. Saying goodbye in my family, even if just for a few days, is often a very long and drawn out process. Chances are, my parents had been talking about leaving and heading home for over an hour before we finally made it the front yard.

As we are all standing outside talking, and joking, and trying to keep a three year old CD out of the street, my father must have felt the urge to pass the latest in a never ending stream of gas. Gross right? It gets better.

My father looks at his young grandson son and says, "pull my finger". Well, we all know what the outcome is going to be. At least I thought we all knew. Evidently, CD has manged to escape this lesson for the last three years of his life, and I still haven't figured out just how he managed that, but he did.

With the innocence that only a three year has, he eagerly reached up and pulled grandpa's finger. Out roars the most amazing fart I have ever heard, and I spent the first 17 years of my life living in his house. CD looks at his grandfather with awe and wonder and says, "PaPa! How did you do that?"

I don't think I have ever laughed that hard in my life!

No comments: