Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday's Super Site

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


First and foremost, thank you to everyone who nominated a site this week for Saturday's Super Site! How exciting! At least for me. I appreciate it. I really do. If you made a nomination, and the site you nominated was not chosen this week, please rest assured that I am keeping those nominations for further review, and possible use on future Saturday Super Sites. Again, a great big thank you to all of you.

Without further ado, I am happy to announce, that this weeks Saturday Super Site belongs to Texas Freds. Texas Freds was nominated by Monty at Smoke Signals.

Monty's message was short, and to the point, and after perusing Texas Freds myself, I have to say, very accurate. Monty listed the following as his reasons for nominating Texas Freds:


"Content is great, schedule keeps it fresh, and just a great blog."


All are true. I found Texas Freds to be full of insight, and honesty. I can't say that I agree with all points made there, but I can say that I will have no fear of posting comments, even if they might be viewed as possible opposition. A free exchange of ideas seem to be more than welcome. Respect is mandatory though, but I have the same rule here. Not that any of you, my readers, are ever disrespectful (I have the best readers).

Now don't get me wrong, there are many things at Texas Freds that I do agree with. In fact, more that I agree with, then disagree. I find the opinion expressed there to be a "no holds barred" kind of approach, something I have always admired because it shows a writer to be unafraid to broach the tough subjects and stick to their guns. Intelligent thought is put into what is written, arguments are weighed, and facts are cited with links to original news stories.

On another, related note, Fred is a very helpful person who goes out of his way to assist fellow bloggers with tasks they are presented with. He does what he can to help, and that speaks volumes as well. I know this from personal experience, and this portion of his character shows through in many of his posts.

I hope you will all visit Texas Freds, and congratulate him on the hard work he does. Please also stop and see Smoke Signals and give then a big high five for a great and very deserving nomination.

Until next week!

You can learn about how to nominate a site by clicking on the graphic above. I would love to start seeing some nominations.

2 comments:

TexasFred said...

Who IS this guy?? I'd like to meet him...

Sunni, thank you for the kind words, I seriously DO appreciate them and depending on who you ask, I am a nice guy, or I am the monster of the 'net... All I can say is the 7 people that will tell you I'm a monster, well, they started it!! LMAO.. Sorry, but it's true.. :)

Malinda777 said...

That Fred! He is deserving. He is colorful, VERY OPINIONATED, but an asset to the blog community.

Being raised in Texas myself, I appreciate a strong man that stands his ground respectfully.

I don't always agree with Fred either, nor he I...but he's a gentleman and I agree with him more than not...

Can't wait for next week (hehehe)