Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Another Story

If you haven't heard this story yet, You have to read it. I absolutely loved it! A 65-year-old former Boston police deputy superintendent and former Lawrence police chief, and a retied US Marine Captain saved the day in mid-air when two passengers became unruly on a plane and upset a fair number of those on the flight.

My favorite parts were:


"I had looked around the plane for help, and all the younger guys had averted their eyes. When I asked the guy next to me if he was up to it, all he said was, 'Retired captain. USMC.' I said, 'You'll do,' " Hayden recalled. "So, basically, a couple of grandfathers took care of the situation."


Isn't that just amusing, but unbelievably great? So all you younger men on the plane suck. Two grandpas showed your butts up!

And then there was this, which had me laughing so hard! All of you can probably guess that it takes a special kind of spouse to be married to a cop anyway, but the lady must be tough as nails too!

Hayden's wife of 42 years, Katie, who was also on the flight, was less impressed. Even as her husband struggled with the agitated passenger, she barely looked up from "The Richest Man in Babylon," the book she was reading.

"The woman sitting in front of us was very upset and asked me how I could just sit there reading," Katie Hayden said. "Bob's been shot at. He's been stabbed. He's taken knives away. He knows how to handle those situations. I figured he would go up there and step on somebody's neck, and that would be the end of it. I knew how that situation would end. I didn't know how the book would end."


I just had to share that. It was great. Read the whole article here.

No comments: