Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Live Earth Concert

I am not going to say much about the Live Earth Concert. You have all heard about it, and maybe even watched it. I couldn't be bothered.

Personally, in my view, the jury is still out on global warming, what we can do about it, what truly causes it, and if we can even stop it, or even if we want to. That being said, even if I am undecided, there are many who aren't. Many loved the idea of the Live Earth concert. To me it was a dog and pony show that showcased the hypocrisy of the "famous" in our culture. It showed complete short-sightedness, and a complete disregard for all that they were supposedly speaking out to save. It was a "practice what I preach, but not what I do" event.

I was supposed to buy into that? Give me a break. Grow up, and lead by example, and for God's sake, get over yourselves.

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

how many tons of garbage were produced at these concerts? how much fuel was burned by 1. the people performing (probably a lot) 2. the workes that set up the whole deal 3. the people who went to the performances and finally, 4. the bradcast companies that put it on tv?

hypocrites!