Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday's Super Site

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This weeks Saturday's Super Site is brought to us by E at Two Angry Brits. E has nominated Overheard In New York, and had the following to say:

"Sometimes funny, sometimes crude, other times just depressing that some people are like this. 'Overheard at...' is actually several websites that chronicle things people were overheard saying. NSFW warning, sometimes people say rude or even racist things, but never fails to make an impression on me. OK it's not really a blog, but more somewhere anyone can send in a line, but I have several of them on my RSS feed and they have survived my twice yearly clear out."


Well, that is the fun thing about Saturday's Super Site! Doesn't have to always be a blog! I am glad you sent this my way.

E also provided a few of his favorites:

Suit, embarrassed after tapping man on shoulder: ... Sorry, I thought I knew you [starts to walk away].
Man he tapped: I'm your cousin!


Store clerk: This is a good TV, but ma'am, it'll probably be obsolete in about three or five years.
Old lady: That's fine, 'cause I'll probably be obsolete in three or five years.


Teen chick #1: So, like, how come you always hear about how they do tests and stuff to find out who babies' dads are, but you never hear about dads checking who the mother is?
Teen chick #2: I guess the dads just never care that much.


Son: I thought you were looking for Danielle Steele?
Mom: I am.
Boy: But isn't that fiction? Why are we in literature?
Mom: Fiction is literature.
Boy: Oh. I thought literature was good writing.


After a quick peak, here are a few of mine:

Conductor: Once again, ladies and gentlemen, today is July 31st. November monthly tickets are no longer valid on this train.


Conductor: This is the voice of your conductor. Remember, only I can move the train. [Pauses while train begins moving, then] See? Just like that.


Teen #1: We are going to 34th Street.
Teen #2: That's on 42nd, right?
Teen #1: Oh, you are so stupid.


Dude: Who would win in a fight, Pinhead or Predator?
Chick: Definitely Predator.
Dude: But wait -- is pinhead real?



You can learn about how to nominate a site by clicking on the graphic above. I would love to start seeing some more nominations.


No comments: