Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Welcome To Scotland!

I was driving to work this morning and listening to the radio as I usually do. I tend to channel surf some, because most of the time in the morning there is nothing but chatter. Every once in a while some pieces of the chatter stop me mid-surf and I listen a while. This morning on Cub Country, the morning crew was talking about Scotland's new motto.

You see, Scotland's motto used to be "The Best Small Country In The World". I guess they felt that was a little bland, and that the needed a new motto. After spending $250,000.00, and working on a new motto for over six months, they finally picked a new one. The new motto is "Welcome To Scotland". I think I am in the wrong line of work, not to mention that my eight year is a little more creative.

Now, this made the local morning show on Cub Country, but they of course didn't leave it there. They are a funny bunch and took it one step further. They took the next 30 to 45 minutes to put on fake Scottish accents and yell as gruffly as the could "Welcome To Scotland!" Not only that, but they turned it into a phone in game. Listeners had to phone in and then put on a fake Scottish accent and gruffly yell "Welcome To Scotland" at an unknowing office mate.

It was funny, and I wish I had the audio!

No comments: