Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ask Captain Dramatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


CD has nightly homework, and I have learned that even when he does his homework, I can't make him turn it in. There was a piece of homework that I hope he does turn in however. I decided to share it with all of you.

The assignment was to write a story using this weeks spelling words. That could be easy or hard, depending on the words. The words were:

toaster
alone
bureau
compose
lower
approach
postage
bowling
below
hostess
suppose
owner
remote
loafer
soapy
erode
closely
explode
lonely
decode
lonesome
awoke
rowboat
poster

Yep, those are them. How in the heck is an eight-year-old going to make a story out of those? Well, I forget how cleaver they can be. Here is CD's story, word for word. (I corrected the spelling on the mis-spelled words. At least none of those were his spelling words!)

Once upon a time...I was lonely and my friend was lonesome and below us a volcano exploded!!! We awoke suddenly!!! We were alone and my friend was the owner of a rowboat poster!!! That was about as useful as a remote control bowling ball!!! Everything was eroded including a bureau and a toaster!!! I hear thats what approaching lava does!!! My friend, the hostess, was crying!!!!!!! I said, we should compose ourselves! and I suppose we should run!!!!!!!! As we ran away we saw some words mixed up and we tried to decode it!!! finally we found what it said and it was a spell and it made the floor all soapy and we slipped!!!!!! As we were slipping I lost a loafer!!! But as I stood up a postage stamp was stuck to my hand!!! I looked closely at my watch!!!! Boy my spirits couldn't get any lower!!! The end


Ok, so he isn't going to be the next Ernest Hemmingway or Charles Dickens anytime soon, but hey, at least his imagination works!

To learn how you can submit your questions to Captain Dramatic, click here. Don't be shy!

No comments: