Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ask Captain Dramatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We are in Las Vegas...We have left the city of Las Vegas and headed for Hoover Dam. On the way we stop for a meal. While at this fine eating establishment we notice that helicopter flights can be purchased to view Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. My mother, my husband and I think this would be a once in a life time opportunity. It is only a five minute ride, and costs a pretty penny, but heck, we are on vacation! My father and Captain Dramatic, aren't so keen on this. Both would much rather keep their feet on the ground. Mom and I have our hearts set on this. Guess who won?

While standing in line to purchase tickets, surrounded by about eight others who have already purchased theirs, or are waiting for their turn, the following conversation took place.

CD: Mom, it is expensive. I don't have to go. I will wait down here with Grandpa.
Me: We are going, and so is PaPa.
CD: Mom, it says only four can go at a time. I will stay here so you and Dad-E and PaPa and Bam-Ma can go together.
Me: Dad-E, you and I can go in one, Bam-Ma and PaPa can go after us.
CD: Mom, I don't want to.
Me: **completely frustrated by this time** WE ARE A FAMILY, WE ARE ON VACATION, WE ARE TAKING A HELICOPTER RIDE AND WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!!!

**others in line erupt into laughter**

CD: Dad-E, I don't want to go
ME: Think of the bragging rights you will have at school on Monday when we get back! I bet none of your friends have gone in a helicopter to see the Hoover Dam!
CD: Like they would believe me anyway!
Dad-E: Then we will take a picture and print it, and you can take it to school.
CD: OK! *big smile* I'll go then!

*sigh*

By the way, he held my hand the whole time, but he had a blast!


To learn how you can submit your questions to Captain Dramatic, click here. Don't be shy!

No comments: