Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

*SIGH* Some people....

*SIGH* Some people go through life exuding the impression that intelligent thought would kill them, therefore they refuse to have any of it. Take this story for example.

Russian girl in intensive care after restoring virginity 6 times

17 Jun, 02:08 PM

A Russian woman ended up in intensive care after restoring her virginity for the sixth time.

The woman, identified as Natalia K., got married at 24. Her husband was not the girl's first sexual partner, Life.ru writes.

When the husband confessed he was upset about her losing her virginity before the wedding and with another man, Natalia decided to make things up for him.

To celebrate their first year together as a married couple, she went to a plastic surgery clinic and had a hymenoplasty operation.

The husband was so delighted with the present, that a year later Natalia wanted to give that joy to him again. And the next year, and the year after that.

The sixth time the woman came for revirgination surgery, the doctors warned her it posed dangers for her health. Nevertheless, Natalia signed a waiver of all claims and had the surgery done.

But the doctors' fears turned out to be justified. The woman's weakened immune system failed to fight an unspecified minor infection she caught after the surgery, and landed her in intensive care.


Now seriously, I might be convinced that the woman was truly trying to do something special for her husband the first time she had the procedure, but even then I would scratch my head and wonder. Then to undergo the surgery an additional five times, and on the fifth time against the cautions of the surgeon? There are few things I find more ridiculous.

First of all, having an elective operation to me is a crazy idea, but I accept that some do not harbor the fears I do of being cut open. The same surgery multiple times though?

I also have issues with the fact that even after the physician told her that it would be very risky, she still had it done. Not because that it just dumb to the extreme, but more importantly, that the woman was allowed to sign a waiver and have the surgery anyway. I have to say, that if I were a surgeon, that I would not preform a surgery that I thought was too risky for the patient unless the surgery was required to preserve life. Which in this case it wasn't. A doctors refusal probably wouldn't have stopped the woman, but at least I would have known that I had done what I could, and hadn't caused harm.

On another note, what does this say about her marriage? Not much if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I.. I don't even know what I could say to that. I mean, wow.