Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Michelle Obama's Ancestors - Accoding To One

According to WIS News 10 In South Carolina, a longtime SCGOP activist and former state Senate candidate Rusty DePass, has issued an apology for comments he made on his Facebook page. Evidently he was commenting on the Friday (June 12, 2009) escape of a gorilla from the Riverbanks Zoo. In response to a post by an aide to state Attorney General Henry McMaster describing Friday morning's gorilla escape he responded with the comment,

"I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless."
Although I can easily guess that this was probably meant in jest, and not truly meant to cause any offense, I will not defend this type of behavior, nor do I think anyone should. There is never a time or a place for this kind of humor. It is no more funny than David Letterman's cracks at Sarah Palin, or her daughters, which up until now, I had decided I would give no recognition to at all. (I didn't care to fuel the frenzy and bring ratings to a man who probably should not by broadcasting to millions of Americans every night to begin with. You can read more about the Palin's here.) It is a disgusting display of locker room humor that only succeeds in painting the joke teller as one with a below average intelligence level. And to think these two fools make money with lovker room humor. It makes me ill, and ask, yet again, what is wrong with other people's children?

The comment has been removed from Facebook. DePass' Facebook page has also been deleted. I bet he wishes the shame could be as easily diposed of.

No comments: