Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Man Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth

First an foremost, hat tip to Count for bringing this to my attention.

This is an amazing video!



This coach hit the nail right on the head. He didn't say anything that many of us haven't said in relation to one topic or another regarding the media. What is more important, he has the sense of right and wrong that most in the media lack. He had the gonads to try and publicly humiliate a person who has made a living off of publicly humiliating others. The only problem, is people of that nature do not seem to have morals or standards, so it probably went it one ear and out the other.

I love how I could tell that the person who committed this wrong was in that audience. He directed his anger at that person, because they were the wrong doer. He did to that writer, what the writer did to his athlete. He singled the writer out, and told them what they did wrong, and publicly knocked that person down, and gave them a does of their own medicine.

I love how he used examples of how children react to criticism, and as a parent I have seen this happen. It has happen to Captain Dramatic, and as a parent, it rips your heart out. You want to hunt the other little bastards down and have a few words with them and then you want to go after the parents that allowed their children to think that kind of behavior was OK. You don't because kids will be kids, and your kids have to learn that kids are just cruel. You try to give give your child the ammunition to combat the wrong, without becoming a wrong doer in the process. You try to give your child the love, and encouragement they need to make them feel OK with who they are, despite what others say. You try to give your child a safe place to go at the end of the day, where they don't have to worry about the actions, and behavior of others. As a parent, the rules change when "adults" stoop to the maturity level of grade school children. Then parents have every right to go after the offender with "guns blazing". After all, adults should pick on someone their own size.

I am very proud of this man. He is the epitome of what I have always believe true Americans to be. True Americans, in my eye, stand up for what is right, and fight what is wrong. True Americans protect the weaker in the world, not because we can, but because it is our duty. True Americans know the value of family, and know how to protect what they love without fear. True Americans don't sugar coat anything because we were raised to "fight fire, with fire", when all other options have played out. It is also a well known fact that you don't back us into a corner because we come out swinging, and never go down without a fight. I haven't even touched on what makes him an amazing parent, but surprisingly, many of the above would fall into that category as well, with a little different wording.

The moral of this ramble? Watch out media, the rest of us are paying attention, and many have started to turn the TV off, change the channel, or stop taking the paper. I, and I am sure there are many like me, refuse to pay hard earned money to be lied to. You will get your facts straight, you will stick to the facts, or you will get the hell out of my home.

We need more like this man. If we had more, then this world would be a much better place. If I ever have to do battle of any kind, I hope I have this man in my court.

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

These are my posts about it back when it happened. I included the complete article she wrote.

http://clutteredeclecticmind.blogspot.com/2007/09/article-that-triggered-gundys-rant.html

http://clutteredeclecticmind.blogspot.com/2007/09/mike-gundys-rant.html