Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ask Captain Dramatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I got a phone call from one of my closest friends. We have been friends since high school. His mother has been really sick, and as I know her very well, and love her very much, he called to let me know that things were not looking good. I won't go into the gory details, as that wouldn't be fair to her or her family, but things do not look promising, although I will continue to pray.

After this phone call, I broke down into tears. It wasn't something I could hold back. My son, the infamous Captain Dramatic, asked "mom, what happened?" I told him what I had just learned, and here is the rest of the conversation.

CD: Mom, she made it through all of those other things, she will make it past this too.

Me: I don't think so this time.

CD: She will mom.

Me: What is she doesn't baby?

CD: Then she will be in a better place and all her problems will be fixed and go away.

Me: *after I picked my jaw up off the floor* When did you get so smart?

CD: I don't know. I love you mom. *walked over and gave me a big hug*

Me: I love you to baby. Thank you.

CD: You're welcome. Take your glasses off, you are getting them all dirty.

Never underestimate the power of an eight year old child, or their ability to understand the complexities of life. To your surprise, they may have a better grasp of it at the times you need them to most.

To learn how you can submit your questions to Captain Dramatic, click here. Don't be shy!

No comments: