Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ask Captain Dramatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Kids say the darnedest things you say? As they get older, some of those things get even stranger. Maybe even a bit scarier. Sometimes, even when scary they are funny though.

Just the other night, Captain Dramatic and I were at our computers, which are in the same room. Between us on the table was a tube of caulking that Dad-E had recently used while making some repairs. For some reason, Captain Dramatic picked it up, read it, and then chuckled to himself. Me, with one eyebrow raised, turned my head to look at him, and tried to figure out what could be amusing about a tube of caulking. Not being able to see the humor, foolish me, I asked.

Me: What are you laughing at?
CD: Nothing really.
Me: You can't laugh at something, while holding a tube of caulking, and not tell me what is funny.
CD: Well, I just did.
Me: *sigh* Tell me!
CD: Read it. You'll see.

I took the tube, read the whole thing, and seriously didn't get it.

Me: I don't see anything funny.
CD: What is it a tube of.
Me: Caulk

Captain Dramatic began to laugh hysterically. I was beginning to to become a very frustrated mother.

Me: WHAT?!?!
CD: *pointing at the word caulk* Does that word sound like another word?
Me: *flush* Um, yes. It does.
CD: *still laughing* The word isn't the funniest part though mom, but it was funny to hear you say it.
Me: Then what is the funniest part?
CD: Read all the words.
Me: OK... "Bright White...mold & mildew resistant, waterproof seal, paintable, easy water clean-up"...
CD: *hysterical laughing*
Me: You are such a boy. Gross...
CD: *laughing*

They grow up way the hell too fast.



To learn how you can submit your questions to Captain Dramatic, click here. Don't be shy!

No comments: