Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Welcome Ashleigh

"Bungee Baby: Nick Fennelly, 31, was rushing his in-labor girlfriend, Sharon Taylor, into the parking lot at Calderdale Royal Hospital in West Yorkshire, England, just as their baby's head started to appear, and, in a corridor inside, little Ashleigh shot out of her mother so quickly that Fennelly couldn't grab her in time. She hit the floor, skidded, and then came back on the umbilical cord, according to a December report in the Halifax Courier. Except for a bruise, Ashleigh is fine. [Halifax Courier, 12-15-06]"

How come the birth of my son wasn't that easy? Nope, I had to get the huge baby boy with the enormous head! I would have enjoyed the process so much more if all I had to do was make sure that someone was near and could catch. Here I am eight years after his birth, with traumatic memories about trying to have him. Not that he hasn't made up for the pain and suffering I was caused trying to bring him into this world. It may have been hard work getting him here, but I am blessed with a wonderful, thoughtful little guy.

With that said, welcome to the world Ashleigh, and we are glad that all you sustained was a bruise.

No comments: