Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Monday, December 4, 2006

McDonald's and Strip Searches

I was watching and listening to my pod casts today, and came across one that was very disturbing. Please watch the following video. It is found in the "20/20 In Touch" pod cast that is offered on iTunes for free.


As I watched it I was just beside myself. There are so many things that are wrong with what happened to this poor girl. Could the people she worked for be any more dumb? Could the manager's fiancé possibly be a bigger pervert? I guess he could claim that he was only following orders from what he thought was a cop, but he seemed to be enjoying it far too much for me to buy into that story.


That aside, did it ever occur to anyone (but the maintenance man), that there isn't a decent cop alive who would be having members of the general population conduct this portion of the investigation while he directed them over the phone?


I just couldn't believe how far this went before someone had a red flag go up. It never occurred to anyone to say "officer, maybe you should just come down here, provide us with some ID, and then conduct this portion of your investigation at the station." Personally, the maintenance man should be promoted to manger. He evidently has more common sense than everyone else he is working with and for.


I really very bad for the poor girl that was subjected to this, and I know that some of the players in this game have been dealt with, but others have yet to be caught. I hope that they are caught and that they get what is coming to them.


After watching the video you can also read the full story at: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2684890


Posted By:Sunni Kay

Get this video and more at MySpace.com

3 comments:

E and J said...

What can I say. Total bullshit. The 'fiance' (or ex as the story says) sounds like an old guy that thought he could claim 'I was following orders' whilst getting his rocks off at a naked young girl and the manager, well she has no common sense and probably shouldn't be driving let alone doing any position of authority.

If I had been the 'fiance' in the story, I would have got the manager to talk on the phone whilst I dialed 911 and asked them to trace the call and send real cops over as anyone can claim to be anyone on the phone. Even if it turns out it was a real cop, you can point out you thought it sounded funny and called 911 to make sure.

Sometimes I think we should have forced sterilisation for people that do really dumb things like that so we can try to remove it from the gene pool!

Damn!

Anonymous said...

OMG---I would sue the shit out of McDonalds and everyone involved!!!
I would more than own that place.
I will not eat at McDonalds any more!!!
:o

Anonymous said...

Were I to be the girl's father, I would probably be arrested, after saving the people of that area the cost of a trial on the perps...