Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Memorial Day is a time to remember those who served our country. Some gave a lot, and others gave all. All of them gave more than I was capable of giving. To all veterans I am grateful. I am grateful for their sacrifices, and those that their families have made, that have enabled me to be free. I am grateful for the sacrifices that have been made and are still being made to sustain my freedom and the freedom of the others in this great land.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

To all of you and to your families I give my heartfelt thanks. I give the same tearful thanks to all those who went before my time and did the same. Without all of them, and all of you, we would not be who we are today. You will forever have my gratitude, and should there ever be anything that I can do to help any of you, I do hope you will give me the opportunity to do what I can to return the favor and show my gratitude.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Maybe I wasn't able to do a lot today, but I did manage something. I wanted to share this with all of you as it was a beautiful site, and a tribute that deserves to be shown all over the world. Many of you know that I volunteer with the Boy Scouts of America. I am Cub Scout Den Leader for pack 494 in Fernley, Nevada. Every year our pack (and many other local Packs and Troops from the Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Brownies) gathers at the Fernley Veterans Cemetery, and spend the morning placing flags on the memorials and graves of the men and women who have selflessly served this great nation. I took some pictures today, and I have posted the thumbnails below. Please click on the images for a larger view.


Veterans Cemetery, Memorial Day 2007, Fernley, Nevada


Two Cub Scouts Reading the headstones ar Fernley Veterans Cemetary


Two Boy Scouts making sure that no soldier has gone without a flag.


Veterans Cemetery, Memorial Day 2007, Fernley, Nevada


Veterans Cemetery, Memorial Day 2007, Fernley, Nevada

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Two local soldiers visiting the cemetery on this day of remembrance. I have had the names on the uniforms blacked out as they are both are active duty in the United States Air Force, and I wouldn't want any harm to ever come to them. They are due to be married soon, and are a delightful couple. My family and I wish them all the best.

1 comment:

E and J said...

Putting all those flags out was very tiring, but was worth it in the end.

Thank you everyone in the allied armed forces, both past and present.