Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Is Why I Like To Fly Southwest

I have had the benefit of enjoying the company of some of the best flight attendants in my lifetime, but only when I have flown Southwest. Don't get me wrong, I have been on other airlines with wonderfully nice attendants who made my time on the plane much more tolerable than it could have been with out them. Southwest has the most entertaining attendants "per capita" by far, hands down.

I have been on Southwest flights where the attendants sing the safety message that has to be shared with passengers before take off. Funny little ditties full of humor in fact, and to this day I wish I had written the song down. I have been on a Southwest flight full of teenagers who were flying to a youth convention. A five hours flight became much more bearable when the attendants started a few games such as a relay race to pass the pillow from the front of the plane to the back, and see who's aisle got to the back first without getting out of your seat. Or when her partner decided that he would run up and down the aisle leading us all in the wave.

This is on thing I have seen though, although the price of an airline ticket would be well worth it, just to say I had. Watch this video, and tell me how long it would have taken you to think this up, and how many times you would have had to rehearse it to get it right?



See? Cool huh? To all the wonderfully creative and entertaining staff of Southwest airlines I say thank you. Thank you for making the hassles of airport security, baggage claim, and sitting between two obnoxious or smelly people so much more tolerable. I really mean it. Without you, so many of my trips would have gotten off on the wrong foot the minute I arrived at the airport.

No comments: