Yeah! What she says!

Yeah! What she says!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ask Captain Dramatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Tomorrow is the first day of third grade for Captain Dramatic. He has always loved school, even though the principal and I are on a first name basis. When CD gets bored in class he tends to disrupt the entire class. He is in a very good school, with great teachers (for the most part), and the administration there is truly concerned for all children, and probably believed in "no child left behind" as a personal motto before it became a political catch phrase. Even through his ups and downs, he loves school. He gets excited every year, and spends a great deal of time picking out his clothes for the first day.

Me: (After a long quiet absence, which always makes me nervous) What are you doing?
CD: Picking out my clothes for tomorrow.
Me: Why?
CD: Because I want to be sure I look good on the first day!
Me: For Natalia?
CD: Mom! *sigh* (With great resignation, knowing he can't lie to me) Yes.
Me: *chuckling* Ok, just don't wear the homework shirt on the first day of school!
CD: (Appearing at computer room door holding said T-shirt) Aw, mom! That is the one I want to wear!
Me: No! It may impress Natalia, but it won't impress your teacher. At least wait until the second day of school.
CD: Oh, alright.

By the way, the homework shirt is the latest in a long line of "shirts with sayings". He had to have it. Here's a picture of the front of the T-Shirt.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So, tonight's festivities didn't stop there.

Dad-E: She so knows you!
CD: Who?
Dad-E: Your mom! She so knows you!
CD: That so sucks.
Me: Guys, com'mon! (They were just playing around, but I was trying to type, and wanted quiet, so I could hear myself think.)
Dad-E: He started it! (still playing around of course)
Me: I am soooo going to beat someone!
Dad-E: That cat?
CD: *promptly produces the cat who it totally unaware*
Me: *laughing*
Dad-E: (to CD) High five! I set 'em up, you knock 'em down!

You see what I live with?! Yeah, you're right. I really wouldn't have it any other way.

To learn how you can submit your questions to Captain Dramatic, click here. Don't be shy!


No comments: